How can you make your weddng rings even more special? By adding a personal touch and getting hand engraved wedding rings
Hand engraved wedding rings may be the way to go for a few reasons: For example- if you are very particular and want the text to look a certain way: The engraver uses a special tool which often allows you to dictacte the exact font you want. Hand engraving also seems to last longer than machine engraving. However, consider that machine engraving costs slightly less than hand engraving and is more precise.
Engravers typically prefer to work with softer metals such as gold which is easier to inscribe. However durable metals such as with a
platinum engagement ring
seem to hold the inscription better over time.
So what should you get engraved on your ring? Courtney Cox and David Arquette got their rings engraved with “a deal’s a deal!” The sky's the limit when your deciding what to engrave...it's whatever you want! Ideally, the engraving should be personal and meaningful to both of you. Here's a few ideas.
- your initials- "i love you" never goes out of style- the date of your wedding- pet names(warning- this may make other people gag)- a wacky phrase that only the two of you understand- a beautiful quotation
Here are some common sense tips when it comes to getting your rings engraved
- Before you get your rings engraved make sure you get them sized first- duh!!!
- Don't wait for the last minute to get the rings engraved..... you want them ready in time for your ceremony
- Keep in mind that wider rings can accommodate longer messages than thinner, smaller rings. If need be, the message can be inscribed into the engagement and wedding ring.
- You may want to ask the engraver to see a sketch or example of what the engraving will actually look like on your ring
Return from hand engraved wedding rings to home page